Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First but not my last.

Welcome to my blog.

I am 23 yrs old and was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia.

I have been married for 2.5yrs to my wonderful hubby.

We have been trying now for 16 months to get pregnant.

This is my journey of becoming pregnant.

My husband and I were high school sweet hearts. We met at a party in 2006, both 17yrs old, and have been together ever since.

We were married when we were 20yrs old on October 23rd 2009 and have actively been trying to conceive since December 2010.

I am 23 and still not pregnant. 23 AND AFTER 16 MONTHS STILL NOT PREGNANT!!!!

It is driving me insane. All I have ever wanted to be is a mum I NEVER thought it would be this hard. Actually that’s a lie, I use have dreams all the time where I wasn’t able to conceive, but then I have dreams of me holding my baby... so who really knows.

Hubby and I have been seeing a naturopath for the last couple of weeks to do some natural fertility treatments. The last thing I want to do is stab myself with hormone injections. I CANT STAND NEEDLES!!!

On our first consultation she told me things like “ you need to drink more water, exercise more and eat breakfast”. Awesome, I know all that already lady! For the first 6 months of 2011 on was a great health and exercise regime, but still didn’t get pregnant, so her advice is all well and good but I want to know WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!! I don’t understand how women who are 300kg can get pregnant but I cant?! After telling her how its going to be, she quickly prompted me to get some blood tests done for a whole range of things. Oh goodie! I just loveeeee needles :/ But hey, I can do this, I can, I think...after all I am going to HAVE to push a baby out of my vagina one day.

Let me just say, this blog isn’t going to be all lovey dovey. This is me, in the toughest moment of my life. I am going to be honest and I will call my body parts by their real name, please stop reading if this will offend you.

So we’re off to the doctors on Saturday for the dreaded blood tests. Hubby keeps telling me “It’s only a needle” to which I want to punch him in the face!

Wish me luck!

P.S Let me just say, DO NOT even think about saying "It will happen all in good time", I will stab myself in the eye if I hear that from another person again!


No comments:

Post a Comment