Friday, August 30, 2013

The last 10 weeks...


After I had my transfer I was excited and anxious. It had only been 8 days since my transfer but I had already been testing 3 days before that with no avail. I was going away for the night with my best friend , G, and decided to buy some more pregnancy tests on the way to her house. When we got to the hotel I went to the bathroom to test and to my complete shock it was positive. It was faint, but for the first time in my life I wasn't imagining the line! G and I danced around and hugged and sat still then danced again! It was very surreal! With IVF there isn't that special time of testing with your partner- well maybe there is if you have the patients of a saint, but I don't have time for that! I've shared many wonderful experiences with G over the years, from road trips, camping, holidays, day spa's, Brazilian waxes, wedding days, arguments, food and many glasses of wine! So to share this with her was pretty special!

We went down to the strip of shops and stopped off to buy a baby outfit- a gorgeous woollen navy blue jump suit! It's hanging on the way of the nursery as we speak!

Anyway- got a bit side tracked there. The next week I had a blood test that confirmed that I was pregnant and had a super high beta of 585! The next two weeks were an anxious wait, freaking out that I may be having twins and what that would mean for us. The day had come for our scan and there was our baby, just one, with its heart beating away, we were so excited to see it looking healthy and measuring big :)

From around this stage I felt sick. Like all day long. Not just morning. Constant naseua! But I was glad that I could keep food down and the daily reminder made me remember by baby was growing.

Week 9 was where it all went down hill. I was vomiting every day and struggling to keep anything down. It came a point where I hadn't kept water down for over 24 hours and I had to go to hospital to be hooked up to a drip. This didnt seem to help much, I continued to vomit whilst on the drip and on the car ride home. I was exhausted. I stayed in bed for over 24hours and woke up feeling a lot better. I still get really sick and vomit nearly everyday, but I've got regular bowel movements so something must be staying in, not that I'm eating much anyway.

I've grown a lot in the first trimester. I haven't gained any weight, if anything I've lost some, but my tummy is growing and that makes me so happy. I love that it has gotten tight now and that it can't be pushed in anymore. 

We are so happy and just so excited to be having this baby! I have little moments where I freak out about labour but for the most part I think I'm ready hahaha as ready as anyone can be. 

Hubby has said I've have been very moody since being pregnant, I just don't think he knows how annoying he is to a pregnant person haha! Simple really, stop doing something when I say so and just don't touch me, ever! Haha 


I have my first midwife appointment in two weeks. I got into the know your midwife program so I'm really excited. You have the same midwife for all your appointments and for your birth! They only select 25 every month so I was stoked to be chosen! 

Well I think that's everything for the last 12 weeks! I'll be sure to blogging more these next months!

Xxx


1 comment:

  1. YAY! We are so excited for you!!!!!! And bubba Will will have a playmate :D

    ReplyDelete