Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Out with the old and in with the drugs



Sometimes in life you have to let people go. The toxic friendships that bring more heartache than good. I did this a couple of days ago, it was awkward, but I feel relieved. My spirit is lighter and happier and I now know the people I surround myself with are encouraging and positive, which is what I need in this next phase of life.



It’s funny when you’re about to start an IVF cycle, you sit around wishing for your period to come. Never in my life would have thought I would wish for such a thing. I’m a couple of days out from when it is due, so every morning I wake up wondering if today is the day I will get it and have to call the clinic to let them know. I’m excited about starting needles... EMERGERD, DID I JUST SAY THAT?? I am very thankful that IVF exists and that I am lucky enough to be able to do it.

My last appointment before we start my first cycle, is tomorrow. Then on Monday I will start my Antagonist Cycle with Gonal F as my medication. If you feel so inclined, you can read more about it here www.mivf.com.au. I will post my next blog on Monday, maybe even with a picture of me injecting... now wouldn’t that be fun for ya’ll?

Just quickly, those of you who would like to read my blog regularly please don’t forget to subscribe and add me to your reading list, this way you won’t miss out on anything ;)
 There is a thing women say on IVF blogs... "baby dust to you"... so here is to lots of baby dust to me!

2 comments:

  1. i am so encouraged by your positive courageous attitude.... hope the drug side effects arent too rough on you but most of all hoping for GOOD NEWS.... BUCKETS of baby dust to you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I recieve that baby dust! haha yes me too, hoping the drugs are kind to me... have lots of chocolate stocked up in case of an emergency! haha I freak out sometimes wondering if I am being too positive, IVF can be a long road, just hoping it isnt that way for me! xx

      Delete